Friday, July 23

  My First Blog EVER!

Hi, my name is Lauren and this is first my blog. I just learned about blogs/bloggers and blogspots last night at my first session of Chester County Stitch and Bitch! Woohoo! I have FINALLY found people who love to knit together!

Everyone seems to have a blog, and yet somehow I managed to get along in life without really knowing it even existed. I used to be so on top of things as far as technology is concerned, but I'm afraid that staying home with my two young sons has fried my brain. I don't care what anyone says, there is only so much of, "He's touching me, He took my toys, and He's looking at me", etc. a person can take before the mind begins deteriorating. So, in an attempt to salvage what (if anything) is left, I am going back to school in the fall. I say 'back' to school because I went to college for a little more then a year. I was majoring in Journalism, and was the editor of the school's monthly newspaper, The Gazette. I loved it, but due to some events that were occurring at that time, I was forced to take a break. Unfortunately, every time I tried to go back, something else came up. I haven't taken a class since the spring of '99, so this time I am really going to do it. I am determined to continue my education, even if it is only a class or 2 at a time. Wish me luck.

Back to the whole Blog thing, this is so cool! I love the idea of blogging. I've tried several times to keep a journal or jot some thoughts down, but I could never keep it going beyond 3 days. Hopefully, I'll do better with this.

As far as Stitch-n- Bitch is concerned, these people rock! They get together and knit at BARNES & NOBLE some times!!! It is my second most favorite place on earth next to Disney World. That's right, I love Disney World, Mickey Mouse, Mickey Mouse coffee mugs, reading, knitting, talking (could ya tell?) and drinking coffee. Can you imagine what my happy place would look like? Here's a visual- Put me in a Starbucks inside the Magic Kingdom with my cell phone, some yarn and needles, People magazine, and a Mickey Mouse mug with either a Vanilla Bean Frappucino OR a White Chocolate Mocha in it (depending on the season of course) and I am good to go.... I really should try to get out more.

Ok, I have rambled on long enough. Have a good day!

~Lauren
 

11:21 PM

Comments:
I just blogged on tonight with nothing to say. Your first blog is much better than mine. Enjoyed the content. I felt like your baby sister stealing your diary. Love starbucks and Barnes & Noble, but NEVER saw "Stitch and Bitch" in my area. Crochet is my bag and passion flower tea. Happy to hear you are finishing school. I started back last semester for my Masters. I'm not a stay home mom, my first vocational choice; but, with no mate, I'm forced to work. Good luck in your journalism! Artcee
 
Hi Lauren! Thx for the link update. Looking forward to reading more of your rambles. Have fun exploring the wonderful world of blogs!

~Susan~
http://imaginecreativenamehere.typepad.com
 
Good luck with your blog, and with going back to school. I took a nine year break before going back last year.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home