Sunday, August 22

 

Something unprecedented happened to me on Friday (August) the 13th. I went to The Cheesecake Factory and I didn't want cheesecake! I still can't believe it. I thought very carefully about it, and thinking that I'd soon regret not having any, I ordered a piece "to go" with the intention of having it for dessert on Saturday. I did have it, but I really didn't enjoy it the way I thought I would. I’m ashamed to admit it, but I actually enjoyed the Dairy Queen Brownie Blizzard I had the next day more then the cheesecake! What is wrong with me? Could it be that I am tired of The Cheesecake Factory? I think there needs to be an investigation into this matter.

Steve and I are trying to go out together at least once a month for “date night”. We’ve been having a good time with it this summer, but our babysitters are off to college as of the 28th, so now we find ourselves once again looking for babysitters. Anyway, on the same night as The Cheesecake Factory, we also went to a movie. We saw Spiderman 2 again; this time in King of Prussia on the IMAX screen. WOW... I’m thinking that I never want to see a non-IMAX movie in the theater ever again!

My friend Lisa taught me how to purl and also a different, much faster way to knit. While I was in New Jersey this past weekend visiting with her, I found an adorable yarn store called Knitty Knotty in Westmont, near Haddonfield. I think I have become a yarn snob as a result. There were so many beautiful handspun, hand painted yarns that I now find myself frowning upon some of the yarn I already own. I realize that I just need to use what I have and then I can start buying more premium yarns from the great yarn stores that Chesco Stitch~n~Bitch has been telling me about. My only wish is to have more time to devote to knitting.

In other news, I am an official college student again. Classes start a week from tomorrow and I am taking my placement test and choosing my first class on Wednesday. I’m beginning to feel discouraged though, because I am only taking a class or two at a time and I fear (at that rate) I won’t finish my undergraduate degree until I’m 40. (I’m 26 now.) My ultimate goal is to have my Master’s degree by 40. Is it possible if I’m only going part time? Time will tell.

Insomnia struck me again several times this week. I’ve been trying everything, from drinking herbal tea to counting backwards from 200. I’ve also completely given up drinking caffeine after 12pm in an attempt to solve the problem, to no avail. If anyone has any suggestions, they’d be GREATLY appreciated. Maybe I just need a vacation.

Quote O’ the Day-
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
 

9:41 PM