Wednesday, October 12

  This and That

XM or Sirius? Sirius or XM? I'm taking the plunge and getting satellite radio installed in my car. It's a big step- after all, AM/FM radio was just about the only thing without a monthly service charge these days! Is one better than the other? Everything I found online about XM and Sirius seems pretty divided, so I'm not having much luck. : - /

Steve and the boys and I took a week long vacation with my parents and brother to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. We had such a nice, relaxing time. No school, no work, no meetings, no errands... aaahhhhh! If only we could have enough vacation time to take a week off every month, AND be able to afford a trip away each time, I'd be set.

On my last day of vacation, my mom discovered a YARN SHOP only 5 miles away from where we were staying. When she came back and told me about it, I grabbed my wallet and keys and was out the door in 5 minutes. (I'm sure my fellow knitters can relate to my frenzy.) When I got to Knitting Addiction, I was so excited and overstimulated that I got light headed. Here's why- they had an entire lace section! Have I ever mentioned my love for lace? (I promise that my next post will be all about my first completed lace project- The Branching Out scarf. I'll even include a picture!) Anyway, I bought a book called Lavish Lace that has GORGEOUS lace patterns and 2 lace kits that go with the book. I intend to knit the Seasons of Mists Shawl as well as the Sangria Shawl in my spare time (ha ha). I laugh because a) I have no free time (How long has it been since I last blogged?) and b) I currently have 15 things, that take prioriy, to knit as Christmas gifts. So I'm thinking I should have started at least one of those by now. What can I say? I aim high and I procrastinate. Deadly combination. 877-SOS-KNIT, here I come!

Isn't the yarn I bought pretty?

 

4:18 PM

Comments:
Horray, she posted!!!! I know nothing about satellite radio so can't help you there. I need a TiVo for my radio. :) Yout trip to NC sounds very relaxing and fun! You got some purty yarn there, girlie! Enjoy!
 
San Diego is having a Hot Rod Halloween on Sunday, October 30. If you love low rider euro star then you will want to be there! All kinds of low rider euro star will be in attendance. For more information go to low rider euro star
See Ya There!!
 
Nice site. Check mine out if you can. cash register
 
Post a Comment

<< Home